Spring has well and truly sprung and I, for one, could not be more delighted. I just love this time of the year. Fresh new blossoms, green shoots and signs of new life… don’t we all need a little more of that in our lives right now.
There has been so much change this year and I recently heard a quote from David Hollis that resonated with me: “In the rush to return to normal, let’s use this time to consider which parts of normal are worth rushing back to.”
I have been working with my team on just that. Seriously, I could not be prouder of the resilience and commitment they have shown during this time. The impacts of COVID-19 are challenging for individuals, companies and industries, including Travel, and as I write this, Victorians are very much in my thoughts. However, to say that we are excited about the possibility of borders re-opening before Christmas, well, that might just be the understatement of the year.
I have some exciting news in our technology space, Serko Zeno has just release some new functionality. Our Serko Zeno users now have access to the following new features:
- Serko Zeno now visually highlights participating accommodation properties that are taking extra health & hygiene measures to prioritize traveler safety and wellbeing via Sabre’s “Stay Safe” Program – with further plans to include more accommodation safety information from other providers as they become available.
- Now you can easily identify Free Cancellation properties for Sabre accommodation options.
- For API flight bookings that require a mandatory mobile phone number, it’s now possible to enter this immediately from the Confirm screen to speed up the booking process.
- For completed travel bookings that require an airport change at a connecting flight, messaging has been enhanced on the Booking Details page to keep travelers informed.
- Performance enhancements for Multi-passenger bookings.
On a personal note, I took a few days out for a holiday in the Snow at the end of last month. No, it wasn’t the overseas holiday we had previously planned, but it was the first time I had experienced snow in Australia! It was a wonderful break and I really recommend taking some time out to recharge, however that looks for you. Regardless of which State or Territory you live in, we are lucky to have the opportunity to experience some of the best Australia has to offer, even with the borders closed.
Whether you are dreaming about seeing HAMILTON the musical, ticking the Kimberley’s off your bucket list, going glamping at a zoo with the kids, or enjoying a luxury escape to the city (or beach or wine-country!), Spring might be the perfect time to plan your next break. If we can help with some ideas, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the team as Helloworld have created some truly drool-worthy packages that are definitely worth sharing.
Until next time, take care of yourself and stay well.